Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Soap: The Gift That Keeps On Giving.

I sometimes get these strange urges to write at even stranger hours..
So here I am at 12:39 in the morning (It's always bugged me that 'morning' begins at 12:00 as opposed to 1:00..  I like to think of 12 as an ending and 1 as a new beginning..  But that's somewhat irrelevant..) blogging about presents.
I guess it's not that bizarre a topic to be blogging about, as Christmas is just around the corner and my birthday has just passed.

Betwixt these two celebratory occasions, I am delighted to say that as of yet, I have not received any soap.
None whatsoever!
It is a sad truth that soap has become one of the most generic gifts in existence.  There are many conclusions one can draw as to the intentions of the giver of the soap, AKA: the soap dispenser.  (..See what I did there?)
Giving someone soap is essentially the same as saying:

  • "I don't know you well enough to buy a present that coincides with your best interests."
  • "You smell.  Please bathe more frequently."
  • "I'm too lazy to buy people gifts that are thoughtful."
  • "I'm a pervert and I want you to think of me as you bathe."

Unless of course it's bubble bath, as we all are aware that bubble bath is AWESOME.
Now, I'm not saying that I wouldn't be grateful if someone were to present me with a bar of soap for Christmas.  Hey, it's the thought that counts!  And I understand how hard Christmas shopping can be.  It's so stressful!  And I can see that soap is one of the safest things to buy for someone, because everybody bathes!
Even if they don't quite as regularly as they should..
I don't mean to discourage any of you readers from buying soap to give as gifts.  By all means, buy all the soap you can afford!  At least you can rest assured that your gift will be of use.
But at the end of the day, people will just be grateful that you made an effort.
They'll be flattered upon receiving a gift from you in the first place!
So, the moral of this blog entry is:
That Sarah is tired and not even sure as to whether or not this blog entry even has a moral..?  ..But if it had to have one, it would probably be:  Soap is good.  
Because it is.
Happy reading!
And merry Christmas! *<|:{D> Triple ho!
And if I don't get around to making another entry before the new year,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hell, while I'm at it, I might as well wish you a happy Easter as well!
And a merry Christmas in advance for next year!
...Aaand I'll stop now.
........Now.
...Nnnnnnnnnow.

No comments:

Post a Comment