Saturday, December 11, 2010

The Little Things.

Whenever I'm having a bad day, I find it always helps to stop and notice all the little things - The simple joys in life that make each day special.
Sometimes these things can be as simple as the smell of rain, or that feeling of satisfaction you experience after stepping on a really crunchy leaf.
Anywho, I'm in one of my weird 'reflective' moods and I just thought I'd share some of the awesomely random things that have happened this week:

  • I hi-fived a baby.
  • Saw an old couple holding hands in the park. (Audience participation: "Aww")
  • Watched my baby cousin get yelled at by an abusive garden gnome.
  • Walked along the beach at night with someone amazing.
  • Realised that I can still remember the words to a song I haven't heard in years.
  • Danced around in the backyard.
  • Caught up with an old friend.
  • Had a D&M.
  • Gorged myself on Ferrero Rochers. <3
  • Actually finished a bar of soap.
  • Finished watching the 8th season of Scrubs. :3
  • Drove around looking at Christmas lights.
  • Received a really sweet text.
  • Made a new friend.
  • Watched 'Inception'. (AWESOME)
  • Baked cookies with someone incredible.
  • Learned to play "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley on guitar. >:)
  • Blown up a MASSIVE beachball.
  • Had a barbecue with some people that I haven't seen for almost a year.
  • Observed how much my baby cousin has changed since I last saw him. (HE HAS TEETH NOW).
  • Received a letter in the mail.
  • Met someone with a strong Irish accent.
  • Bought some new pants. (They're pretty cool).
  • Hung out with some awesome people at a Christmas party.
  • Patted a llama!!!!!
  • Got bitten on the nose by a duck.  (Only softly.. I think it liked me.. :3 That's probably just how ducks show their affection.)
  • Sat around a bonfire.
It's been a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Naww, your list made me smile. :)
    I love the way you describe things. Please be sure to make more posts in the future when your in a 'weird reflective mood'. :D

    ReplyDelete