Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Eight Legged Freaks.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Yeah, because that makes sense.
There are plenty of reasonable things to be afraid of.

Spiders, for instance.  Spiders terrify me.
There's a massive one currently residing in my bathroom.  Every time I go in there, I find him sitting by the sink facing the door.  Waiting for me.  With his hairy legs and fangs dripping with venom.  This has affected me to the extent that I have stopped using the bathroom altogether.
..But one can only constrain oneself from entering the bathroom for so long.  Eventually I will have to face my fears.
On the plus side, at least it still has all it's legs..  If there's one thing worse than a spider, it's a spider that's missing a couple of legs.  You never know where one might turn up..  I don't know about you, but I don't really enjoy finding spider legs at the bottom of my morning coffee.  Or my afternoon coffee.  ..If I drank coffee in the afternoons.  Hell, I rarely drink it in the mornings.  But if I did, I'd have reason to be paranoid..

Another thing I'm paranoid about is seating in restaurants.  If I don't get a seat with a wall directly behind it, I spend the remainder of my meal wondering if someone will attack me from behind.
..But that's another story. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment