Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Inner Chicken..?

"A blog entry a day keeps the boredom away." - Albert Einstein.
...What?  You don't believe me?
Einstein totally wrote that quote.

I can't believe it's nearly Christmas already.  It's been a whole freaking year since last Christmas.  I know I say this at the end of every year, but it's true!
I guess when I consider how much I've changed within the past 365 or so days it makes a little more sense.  Seriously, I'm like a new person.
Well, aside from my personality.  And my subtle weirdness.  And the size of my freakishly small toes.
This self-comparison is even more astounding when I think of how I was in grade 8.
I found a picture of my grade-8-self the other day, and I couldn't believe how round my head was.  I really don't remember my head ever being that round.  But I'm proud to say that it is now more egg-shaped.
Yes.  There is a chicken inside my head.
It's sad to think that this time next year I'll be thinking about moving out.
My inner chicken will be leaving the nest to find a new home and I'll find myself face to face with the future.  I don't know quite how I'll handle all the decision-making, as I am quite possibly the most indecisive person in the world.  I struggle with making even the tiniest decisions; like what to order for lunch..
And even then, I find myself wishing that I'd ordered the chicken salad instead of the toasted ham and cheese sandwich.
Oh God, I've been eating my own kind.
Note to self:  Stop eating chicken.

I guess all I can do is hope that I choose the right path and end up somewhere awesome.  But oh well.  Who knows what the future may hold..
...Seriously, who?  I've got some questions for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment