Friday, December 10, 2010

Last-Minute Collage.

So now that I have my very own blog, I have no idea what to write about.
Err...
Okay, since 'Blogger' is a place of sharing, I will share with you a random John Wolesly-style collage that I made earlier this year. :D
"The Circle of Life" *cue song from The Lion King* was my chosen phenomena for this piece, and I have stuck with it pretty much all year.  The series of drawings/etchings in the bottom-left corner depict the transformation of caterpillars into butterflies.
The clock in the upper-left corner symbolises the shortness of life and the uncertainty of just how long it will last.  The poem in the centre of the clock reads:
"The clock of life is wound but once
And no man has the power
To tell just when the hands will stop,
At late or early hour.
Now is the only time you own:
Live, love, work with a will.
Place no faith in tomorrow, for -
The clock may then be still."
Pretty deep, right? ;P

The yellow pentagram-type symbols were printed using a rubber-stampy-thing that I made.  Each point of the star symbolises an element and the lines are all connected to represent the continuity of life.
The cogs in the bottom-right corner are also symbolic of the continuity of life, and also how we depend on certain things to keep us alive.  If one cog was to stop turning, the rest would too.
The foetus symbolises new life and its umbilical cord is connected to the branch of a tree to show the bond between man and nature.
I used trees as a means of connecting everything in the collage.

There's some other stuff, but I have to go to a Christmas party shortly, so I should probably start getting ready, lol.
Overall, I had fun making this :P but my time-management skills are pretty darn terrible.
The end product was the result of some veeeery late nights/early mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment