Friday, December 10, 2010

The End is Nigh.

2012
I can't wait!
Now, I know what you're thinking: "WHAT!  Why on earth would you be excited about 'the end of the world as we know it'?"  Well, my answer is plain and simple.  Just imagine all the crazy end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it parties!
But I don't think it will be quite like what happens in the movie "2012"..  As a matter of fact, I don't think anything will happen at all.  But I do think that the days leading up to 21/12/2012 will be filled with chaos and madness; and this is because of our paranoia - the "what if" that is quietly eating away at our brains.  "What if 'the world as we know it' (whatever the hell that means) will come to an end in 2012?!"  And for this reason, I predict that civilisation will completely fall apart and people will be doing all the crazy things they always wanted to do, but were too afraid of the consequences.
But one thing is for sure:
If we make it to the 22nd of December, 2012, and 'the world as we know it' still hasn't come to an end, we're going to wish it had.  The planet will be a wreck, everyone will be extremely hungover, and approximately 20% of young people will be either pregnant (not the guys, hopefully) or dead as a result of the courageous acts of stupidity they performed the day before.

1 comment: