Friday, January 7, 2011

Don't Panic.

Usually when you look back over a year, all the bad things that happened stand out like Robert Wadlow in a room full of midgets.  (He's the tallest man alive.  
I Googled it.)
But when I look back over 2010, it's different.  I can truthfully say that it was, overall, a really good year.  Perhaps it only seemed that way because so many bad things have happened to me that I've forgotten what "really good" actually means, but I prefer to think otherwise.  I'm not that cynical.
But despite how "really good" 2010 was, I still managed to have my annual panic attack.  I guess I bring it upon myself every year by bottling up my emotions to the point where absolutely anything can set me off.  At this time of year, I'm a bottle of Diet Coke and my string of worries, plus the thing that triggers my panic attack, are the Mentos.

Perhaps this is a slight exaggeration.

But I did discover that breathing into a paper bag when hyperventilating actually does help a lot.  I thought it was just one of those things that they do in movies, like flying with jetpacks or falling in love.
(Kidding about the "love" part.  I just said it for dramatic effect.
I totally believe in love! :D
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.")
I feel like watching Moulin Rouge now. :3
But i will later.  I have to finish packing my overnight bag, as I'm spending the night with a friend of mine whose name I cannot reveal (for her own protection).  So let's just refer to her as "Melissa".
And by "finish packing", of course I mean "start packing".

No comments:

Post a Comment