Monday, February 28, 2011

Oh Noes.

Something's not right with me.
I've been noticing it for a while now.
See, the thing is..
I'm getting meaner.
Many people would see this as a good thing, as I used to be waaay too nice.
I mean, it's good to be nice and all, but I was nice to the extent that people would walk all over me.
I didn't know how to say no.  This is still something that I struggle with, but I'm improving.
Slowly.
Behold, an example from my past:
English teacher: "Why, hello there, Sarah.  You seem bright.  Would you like to join the senior debating team?  We're one person short and are supposed to compete next weekend."
Sarah: "Ohh, I don't know..."
English teacher: "We debate over some strikingly interesting topics!  The topic for next weekend's is "Which of these two political leaders had the most integrity: <insert two random names that I had never even heard of.>""
Sarah's brain: "DON'TYOUFUCKINGDARE..."
Sarah: "Er, sure.  I don't see why not!"

...

Another thing:
I used to be sympathetic.  Pathetically sympathetic, in fact.
And I still am..  But only to certain types of people.


Well actually, pretty much all people..  Except for a select few.
One of these lucky few makes it her business to post at least one attention-seeking status on Facebook every waking hour of the day.  I guess over the years this has just gotten to me a little bit.
An example from just a few short minutes ago:
"<insert name here>: feels like banging her head up against a wall til it bleeds."
Upon reading this tragic status, I instantly felt a great deal of sorrow for the poor, unfortunate wall.
And a curious inquisition as to why she was so intent on making a wall bleed in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment